Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Landing near you very soon: Book Blogger

Later today I'm going to try something new for me, and post a piece of short fiction on this blog (I'm still checking for typos etc lest I offend your eyes, dear reader).

I've had short stories published here and there, in the brilliant Supernatural Tales, for example, and in anthologies like the recent Ghosts and Scholars Book of Shadows volume 2, and hopefully that's something I'll be doing in the future too. However, there can be quite a long time lag between my writing these stories and them actually appearing in print, so I thought I'd put this story out there on my blog. It's inspired by the phenomenon of book blogging, and as the launch of my recent books has been very kindly supported by a number of bloggers, I wanted to post the story now in recognition of that, and as a thank you. You know who you are!

The story also reflects my great love of apocalypse fiction, to which I confessed in a recent piece for the Scottish Book Trust. I do like a good bit of doom! In fact, I so enjoyed writing this story that I could have gone on considerably longer. That's all I'm going to say for now. I'll be posting the story a little later.

2 comments: